About Stephen

Hello and welcome to Home Wealth Adviser, your presence is most appreciated. Over the next few months, I will be posting on this blog legitimate, scam-free ways from which you can earn money online from the comfort of your own home, or anywhere you prefer that has an internet connection, at times that suit you.

Before I go on I would like to thank very much Feverpitch for the fascinating imagery used in this site’s logo and icon. The image used can be found at Depositphotos, image ID 2345141.

Stephen At Fort William

How I Arrived Here

I had a very good, reasonably well-paid job working at Imperial College in London making components for world-class science projects. I could not have asked for a better job to match my skills.

It wasn’t enough though. Although I was happy where I was working the fact was that I was still tied to working for other people. I wanted to find a way that I could earn a decent living working for myself, on my own projects, on my own terms.

At the same time, home computing was just starting to take off, dial-up internet (remember that?) was just taking off and, relevant to me because this is where I learned my computer skills, the engineering industry was being upgraded to computer numerical control systems.

I soon had my own home PC connected to dial-up where it wasn’t long before I started searching work from home opportunities.

Work From Home Schemes – I’ve Tried Them All!

I have spent 20 years trying everything I could find. Content websites and blogs, eBay marketing, affiliate marketing, email marketing, drop shipping, e-commerce, pay per click advertising, surveys and technical authoring just to name what I can remember.

I did have moderate success with some of them but never enough to give up my day job. Most of them I failed at, not because of any incompetence on my part except for being taken in by a lot of sales talk to buy into “get rich quick” schemes that were never going to deliver on their promise. The only people getting rich were the people selling the programs.

Most of these schemes were priced at a point where I would have to make a few sacrifices to come up with the cash to meet what I now see as unreasonably high fees. At the time it didn’t seem that way as the self-styled “gurus” that sold these schemes always presented them in a way that made it appear that I was getting a bargain. And I fell for it so many times!

I Want To Save You From Wasting Your Time And Money

Well, now I am much older and a little wiser. I am no longer “Mr. Gullible”. I would never fall for one of these “shiny object” schemes again. My aim now is to use my past experiences to save people looking for a way to earn money working from home from wasting all of that time and money buying into the wrong schemes and also to avoid the minefield of scams that this industry seems to attract.

From my experiences, I know a scheme that isn’t going to work and I also now know what does work. I know who the helpful people are that will guide you on your way and I know the ones that will exploit you who should be avoided like the plague.

There are no “get rich quick” schemes out there that work, at least not for 99% of us. The other 1% probably have the knack for making money anyway. There are, however, ways out there, for very little initial outlay, to build up a steady income working online, scaling your business up over time until you can afford to quit your job and work from home full time. I aim to bring you the information to help you on your way and to point you in the right direction.

Please check out my FAQ section, my answers go more in-depth than most websites.

If you have any questions about working from home, particularly affiliate marketing, feel free to leave them in the comment box below and I will do my best to help you out.

Stephen in a car park in Scotland

Best wishes to you,

Stephen Annett

Homewealthadviser.com

2 thoughts on “About Stephen

  1. Hi Fellow ShihTzu Friend!

    Your site so far looks great! Full of information. I felt like you were in the room with me- that’s a good thing. Glad to see you on the SAC.

    I have tried all of the quick schemes and am going to make this work.

    I am just starting with this challenge. My husband has been pretty sick.

    I believe…I will achieve!

    MurphysMom
    Lyn

    1. Thanks, Lyn for your very kind words.
      I hope your husband”s health improves soon, I wish him well.
      Good luck with the SAC. We can do it!
      Best wishes, Steve.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *